Term & conditions
- 1. GeneralThese Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”) governs the use of the services (“Service”) that are made available by Website.com Solutions Inc. (“Website.com”, “we” or “us”). These Terms and Conditions represent the whole agreement and understanding between Website.com and the individual or entity who subscribes to our service (“Subscriber” or “you”).PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. By submitting your application and by your use of the Service, you agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement. Website.com may terminate your account at any time, with or without notice, for conduct that is in breach of this Agreement, for conduct that Website.com believes is harmful to its business, or for conduct where the use of the Service is harmful to any other party.Website.com may, in its sole discretion, change or modify this Agreement at any time, with or without notice. Such changes or modifications shall be made effective for all Subscribers upon posting of the modified Agreement to this web address (URL): http://www.website.comm/terms-and-conditions/. You are responsible to read this document from time to time to ensure that your use of the Service remains in compliance with this Agreement.
- 2. ServicesWebsite.com offers Subscribers domain name registration, website hosting, and email hosting services for the duration of the service term purchased from Website.com.Services are provided on the basis of facility and equipment availability. Website.com reserves the right to modify, change, or discontinue any aspect of the Services at any time.Access to the web and email servers is terminated upon expiry of the Service.Details regarding your account can be found in your account control panel (https://www.website.com.com/sign-in/)
- 3. Web HostingAll Website.com web hosting accounts will display a “Coming Soon” web page by default when activated. This page informs visitors that the Subscriber has recently setup their account with Website.com. The “Coming Soon” default index web page may be removed by the Subscriber at any time once they have access to the web server.
- 4. Website BuilderWebsite.com provides Subscribers with a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use the Website Builder. The Website Builder is developed and owned by Website.com, and any reproduction, modification, creation of derivative works from or redistribution of the Website Builder is expressly prohibited. The Website Builder, its structure, sequence, organization and source code are considered trade secrets of Website.com and are protected by trade secret laws.Website.com does not claim ownership and is not responsible for any of the information, code, data, text, software, music, sounds, photographs, pictures, graphics, videos, messages, files or other materials (“User Content”) submitted using the Website Builder. Subscriber is entirely responsible for all User Content uploaded, posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Website Builder.You further acknowledge and agree that all User Content is non-transferable and non-transportable. Website.com will not assist any Subscribers with any reproduction, recovery, or distribution of any User Content. Upon service cancellation or termination for any reason, access to the Website Builder, including all User Content, third party content, and user information uploaded, posted, emailed, or otherwise transmitted via the Website Builder, will be removed by Website.com.Website.com makes no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the images offered through the Website Builder (the “Images”).In the event of a dispute regarding any Image obtained via the Website Builder, you hereby release Website.com, its officers, directors, owners, agents, and employees from claims, demands, and damages, actual and consequential, of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any connection with such disputes. Website.com is not a party to, and shall not be involved in or responsible for, transactions, agreements, and/or disputes between you and any third party.You may only use the Images on your website, while the website maintains an active service subscription with Website.com.
- 5. EmailWebsite.com’s email service provides customers with the capability to send and receive email via the Internet. Website.com retains the right, at our sole discretion, to restrict the volume of messages transmitted or received by you in order to maintain the quality of our email services to other Subscribers and to protect our computer systems.As an owner and operator of the equipment and other resources utilized to provide services, Website.com has the legal right to block electronic communications from other entities on the Internet.Website.com relies on the support of its sponsors and advertisers to help offset the cost of the Services offered to its Subscribers. You acknowledge that as part of your Website.com Service, advertisement sponsored email newsletters may be sent to Subscribers and Website.com email service email accounts.
- 6. Definition of Unlimited UsageWhat “Unlimited” means: Website.com does not set an arbitrary limit on the amount of resources an account can use.What “Unlimited” DOES NOT mean: The accounts are not intended to support the greater web hosting needs of large enterprises or to be used as an online storage warehouse to store backups, archiving of electronic files or emails, documents, log files, etc. or to be used as a media file streaming/sharing hub.Reselling any of the Service’s resources is strictly prohibited. Any accounts found to be reselling resources will immediately be suspended, with or without notice. Reselling of account resources is only permitted if you are using a Reseller Hosting Plan, a Virtual Private Server (VPS) or a Dedicated Server.Website.com’s “Unlimited” services are provisioned in a shared hosting environment. Any account found to be adversely affecting the performance of other Subscriber accounts by excessively using network bandwidth, server storage, memory or CPU resources, will be flagged by Website.com administrators and anti-abuse controls. These Subscribers will then be asked to consider Virtual Private Server (VPS) or Dedicated Server services. Serious offenses will result in the account service suspension or termination, with or without notice.